Like every parent, we love our kids dearly here at Grace Point! On top of that, we are convinced that they are a gift from God. We believe that it is our responsibility as parents and Sunday School teachers to train and equip our children to become responsible adults who seek the best for their community and above all, love God with their whole heart. Because of that, we have made children's education a very high priority at our church. Here are the ways we do it...
• Children's Sermon: We desire to involve our kids in worship, so Keith typically preaches an interactive Bible lesson for the children during the initial part of the worship service.
• Nursery: For infants through 2 year-olds during the worship service and Sunday School.
• Junior Church: Three-year-olds through kindergarteners are dismissed during the service for a puppet show or Treasure Bag lesson. After that, the 3 year olds have a special Sunday school class designed specifically for them. The 4 and 5 year olds go to a workshop where they can dive in deeper into their lesson, exploring it through the art room, game room, or theater.
• Joyful Sounds: 1st-5th graders are dismissed during the service to participate in an age-appropriate worship time, where they learn a big picture of the Bible. We have designed a Gospel-centered curriculum that goes through the entire Bible starting with Creation and ending with Revelation in a two-year cycle. After that time, they are dismissed with their trail guide, who takes them to their workshop for the day. They have snacks and share their prayer requests with their trail guide, while also reviewing catechisms and verses. Then their workshop for that day begins.
• Sunday School: We recognize that every child learns and processes differently. We teach our children the same overall content throughout the month, but in a different way each week. We have 4 workshops that the children cycle through that embrace many different ways of learning, while also digging in deeper into what we are studying. These workshops include the Theater, Art Room, Map Room, and Game Room. We also have a Garden Workshop, Science Lab, and a Kitchen Workshop some months.
For information regarding our children's ministry please email our Children's Director Beth at email@example.com